Labels

Sunday 26 May 2013

Sunday brunch - Baked avocado egg!

I have been craving for home-cooking for a week now as I spent a few days in San Diego at a conference. As today is the first Sunday that I got since my return, I decided to have a lazy morning with some home-made brunch. I found this recipe online a while back, and finally, I got a chance to try it. Usually I am quite skeptical about online recipes, but this turns out to be really nice!

Ingredients
1 large avocado, halved and cored
2 eggs
Parmesan cheese
salt/pepper to taste

Methods
1. choose a large avocado, ripe but still firm. Cut the avocado into halves, remove the core, and  use a spoon to take out more flesh so that the hole is big enough to hold 1 egg each
2. season the avocado with salt and pepper
3. put one egg into each avocado half
4. grate some cheese on the avocado
5. bake at 400F for 15-20 min, depending on how hard you want the egg to be



* the baked avocado egg was served with Ciabatta bread. Once baked, the avocado becomes softer. You can almost spread the avocado on the bread like a pâté! 

No comments:

Post a Comment